- Do your documents go through endless revisions before being finally approved months after the review date?
- Are you tired of wading through waffle to get to the information you need?
- Do you have problems with Data Integrity?
- Do you suffer from writer’s block?
Get straight to the point with this training course that has been specifically designed to develop and improve your skills in writing effective SOPs, data collection forms and other documents.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Write SOPs that provide unambiguous instruction
- Design data collection forms that promote data integrity
- Prepare documents that are ready for approval first time
- Prepare reports that contain the right amount of the right information
Ultimately you will come away with the confidence to write SOPs, data collection forms and other documentation that can be easily used and understood.
In this one day course you will learn about good writing practices such as,
- Pruning the ‘deadwood’
- Reducing complexity
- Using process mapping to structure documents
- Writing clear instructional documents (e.g. SOPs)
- Preparing data collection forms
- Writing concise reports
This course is suitable for anyone who writes or reviews workplace documents, whether you are new to this or have been writing for years. It covers fundamental principles of good technical writing as well as current trends in, and tools for, SOP writing. The applicability of this course extends beyond the life sciences industries to any business where documents play a fundamental role.
Format and Course Length
The course will be delivered as an online virtual-classroom training session.
Participants will be provided with a PDF of the training material in advance of the training should they wish to print and annotate notes. Participants will be connected to the trainer and other participants via online collaboration tool Zoom with connected video (webcam / screen sharing) and audio (computer audio or phone dial-in). Theory will be delivered by the trainer sharing their screen of the PowerPoint presentation. Facilitated workshops will be run in digital breakout rooms (e.g. a group of 12 might split into 4 breakout rooms each with 3 participants to separately work on a problem). Breakout rooms can call the trainer in for support when required and the trainer can electronically bring everyone back to the main session to debrief when appropriate.
The training will be delivered as 2 x 3.5 hour sessions over 2 days. Breaks are included.
Each participant will have the opportunity to submit a document to SeerPharma within 14 days of the training to receive a free critique.
What Do I Need?
Participant needs are very basic. You will need a computer or suitable device with a good internet connection. A headset (headphones with microphone) and second monitor/screen are recommended but not required.
Participants will attend both half-day sessions:
|Day 1||19th July 2022||9:00am-12:30pm|
|Day 2||20th July 2022||9:00am-12:30pm|
Times are based on Melbourne, Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) / Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) +10:00.
Fee and Discount
- AUD $700 (excluding GST) per participant; introductory offer
- A 10% discount applies for 3 or more participants from the same company
Contact us to discuss your interest in a public or private delivery of this course.